Sunday, November 6, 2011

the best 2 years...

a wonderful 2 years.







this is a little bit late--- but as a license plate once has said, "always late but worth the wait". 
for our 2nd anniversary brady and i went to seattle! brady had to go for work and so we made it a date weekend/ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION!!

**ADDED BONUS: home to Seattle Grace Hospital on grey's anatomy! yahoo! if only i needed to go to the hospital. i didn't.



have you ever wondered what it would look like walking up a steep sidewalk without the pull of gravity?
this is what it wold look like. at first a head tilt back, and then straight as a board. 


finished with a pose.





the highlight of our vacations---delish meals. And this was one of the best! 







if you didn't know, one of washington's greatest assests happens to be Mt Rainer! great! 

since it was only a 2 hour drive, we decided to take it!. after a 2 hour car ride, it turned out a little different than we had imagined.

just like at most famous places, one has to pay to go up. when it was our turn at the ticket window, the lady must have seen our shocked look concerning the ticket prices and she quickly said, "you can walk up for free if you would like. its 3 miles, or you can always walk down" i thought to myself, "wow, we could walk up mt rainer!" i nudged brady who said to me, "yeah, l say lets walk down."
... so we bought the 20 dollar gondola ticket. (pretty good for mt rainer if you ask me!)

on our way up the gondola...
brady, "oh its so green!" (super excited voice)
sammi, "i thought mt rainer was snowy...wow its different that what i imagined. I can't believe we're here!!! i'm very excited."
nice ladies sitting across from us, "oh you can see mt rainer at the top if you look to the right. its a great view."
sammi and brady, "wait....are you telling us this is not mt rainer?? We are taking the gondola up the side of mt rainer-right?"
nice ladies sitting across from us, "giggle giggle, laugh laugh, mt rainer is about 1 hour drive from here. this is crystal mountain."
sammi and brady, "oh"




there it is...clear over there...in the distance.




our hiking boots. yes the sperry's.
the Summit House Restaurant 
maybe the best food of the trip.

this is the quote of the trip found on the back of the menu for The Summit Grill:
"The Mountains will always be there, the trick s to make sure you are too." 
...ha ha







PIKE PLACE










 Happy Anniversary. 

4 comments:

  1. Sammi! First off, happy anniversary. I didn't know you lived in Cali either. Too bad we aren't closer. We want to go to Disneyland sometime before summer so if that happens I'll let you know. Looks like you are doing so great and loving life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sammi!!!!! I have been searching the internet forever for you too!!!! You are beautiful as ever!! Consider me your newest blog stalker...i'm lame and don't have a facebook account.
    How is life in CA? I knew you moved there, but I didn't know how long ago. We are living in AZ until April, then Devin starts rotating across the country. Life is crazy!! And Brady is from Arizona right? I remember going to your wedding reception here in AZ about 2 weeks after we moved here. Helped so much to see a friend when "living away" was still so fresh and new!!
    Keep me updated on your life please!! If you're ever in Arizona call me and we'll go to lunch.....I'm thinking your husband's family only lives about 45 minutes away from me. So good to hear from you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammi! I think you guys live the funnest life ever. I love when you blog. :-) Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stumbled upon this on a boring long slow night shift. you know how it is. you're as adorable as ever, I wouldn't expect less!! Maybe I'm a little jealous you live by the beach. So glad everything is good for you two very cute people!

    ReplyDelete