Sunday, March 27, 2011

the rest...

...Since I am new at blogging, I had to take a break from my Valentines post because it was getting a little lenghty. So now i am back and this is the rest of it. 
  On the way home, Brady and I found a church that started at 1:20. We drove around and look who we found right in our neck of the woods! The Allen's!! 

Because we are new to the area(s) and because YELP is a fantastic addition to the app store, that is how we usually find our good eats. This was a good indication of how you CANNOT always trust everything you read on an iPhone. YELP lied about this place....

NAME: Bay Cities Italian Deli and Bakery
LOCATION: Santa Monica
STARS: 4 1/2 out of 5
# REVIEWS: 1465! (way way too many)

Maybe its because it was a Sunday...the wait was like 30 min! just for a sandwich! 
Or maybe its because I'm not really into sandwiches.

 Poor Cliffords...a bit larger in life than the Allen's. Cliffords are giants.

 Brady meet Brady...

Brady: Wow what temple is that??
Sammi: I think it is the Santa Monica temple!
CORRECTION: there is no santa monica temple however confusing it may be that the temple is indeed in Santa Monica. It is the LA TEMPLE. So Pretty and so big. 







we spent the whole day at the best visitors center i have EVER been too! The LA visitors center. It is newly renovated and it is so pretty and the Sister Missionaries are so great! The spirit there is so strong. And look how cool...it was mentioned on World Report--see video that follows...



We spend our actual Valentine's day (Monda Feb 14, 2011) at the best place in California. I worked late and even though brady didn't have too...he surprise me with ROSES!!! Wow! What a lucky valentine I am. 
Dad's Original Balboa Frozen Bananas. Yes yum. 





















1 comment:

  1. ugh i love you guys!

    ps side note... LA temple is where we got engaged! My family meet us after and we watched the family video in that visitors center.. Court and I cried and the next day Rob and Court got engaged. Special memories for the wick fam.

    Anyways Jealous of your trip to see Owen and Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete